lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] technical litrature of LWIP

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] technical litrature of LWIP
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 16:58:17 +0000

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 12:52 +0530, devesh wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want the technical litrature of LWIP(Raw and Other API)?

The lwIP wiki is the best place for documentation:
http://lwip.wikia.com/

> I want some
> answers like :
>
> 1. Why is called LightWeight Ip?

Because it is tailored to use on systems with few resources (in
particular memory), which are sometimes referred to as "lightweight"
rather than those that are more powerful which are sometimes called
"heavyweight"

> 2. What are its limitations?
> 3. what applications have been done so far?
> 4. what can be added in its source code.

Those questions are too generic for me to answer easily.  It has many
limitations, and practically anything can be added to its source code.
I don't know of a list of applications for lwIP - I'm sure there are
lots that aren't made public for example.

Kieran