lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Hello to mailinglist

From: Mike Kleshov
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 17:23:39 +0300

2009/2/13 Piero 74 <address@hidden>:
> Mike,
> did you develop a packet filter in you driver?
> I'm thinking something like a low-level driver wich drop packets with IP
> and/or ports outside a "white-list", to reduce flooding attacks.
> I'm interested to know what your driver do
> PS: i'm using NXP LPC236x microcontroller (ARM7) with SMSC PHY chip; LWIP
> toghether with freertos.
>
> Bye
> Piero

I suppose I can post it as a patch on savannah. I forgot, I also
developed a driver for the on-chip FEC+PHY of FreeScale's MCF5223x. It
does zero-copy receive. I'll post it as well,
No, I didn't do any filtering in the driver. But filtering IP
addresses and ports in the driver would be straightforward, wouldn't
it? Just match the appropriate fields from IP header against the
whitelist.