lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Hello to mailinglist

From: Piero 74
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 15:02:17 +0100

Mike,
did you develop a packet filter in you driver?
I'm thinking something like a low-level driver wich drop packets with IP and/or ports outside a "white-list", to reduce flooding attacks.
I'm interested to know what your driver do
PS: i'm using NXP LPC236x microcontroller (ARM7) with SMSC PHY chip; LWIP toghether with freertos.

Bye
Piero

2009/2/13 Mike Kleshov <address@hidden>
2009/2/13 Adib Taraben <address@hidden>:
> I just want to say hello.
>
> I start an lwip project and applied to the mailing list.
>
> I am working on a 16bit infineon XC167 board from Phytec using keil
> compiler. On the board is an C8900. There is no operating system.
> Currently I adopted the infineon Application note
> (AP1610610_LWIP_TCPIP_Stack) and tweaked this example to run using latest
> lwip-1.3.
>
> If anyone has any dos and don'ts to that combinations please let me know.
>
> Regards, Adib.

I have a similar setup: an ARM7TDMI-based MCU and a CS8900A, no OS.
Lwip is used to enable a web interface. I am using raw API. Everything
works nicely.
I took the driver for CS8900A from the contrib module of lwip. At some
point I fixed a bug in that driver, the fix was committed to CVS.
Later I enhanced that driver to include a softwarу FIFO in order to
minimize the chance of dropping incoming packets when the on-chip
buffer is full.
If you are interested in my new driver, I can post it somewhere. It
would probably make sense to include it into contrib module. I just
don't know how it would fit into existing structure of contrib. I
don't think this driver could be 'everything to anyone'. In some
applications it could work with only minor modifications, in others it
can be used as a starting point.

Regards,
- mike