lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.3 UDP - DNS strange behaviour

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.3 UDP - DNS strange behaviour
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:13:03 +0100

Sergio Sider wrote:
I am using lwip "ported" by LuminaryMicro, and CodeSourcery (GCC)

#define SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT            1           // default is 0
#define NO_SYS                          1           // default is 0

On interesting fact: A custom UDP message I send on the beggining was
not transmitted also although the program thought it was. After a few
seconds, the udp messages started to work. But DNS donĀ“t, but that's
because of the timeout that never occurs, so there is no retry.
Have you made sure timeouts work at all in your port? The default lwIP source provides no timoeut implementation in case of setting NO_SYS to 1! This is a known limitation and before 1.3.0 we had a discussion about that, but it has kind of lead nowhere yet...

Simon