lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Thread awareness

From: Sergio Sider
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Thread awareness
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 21:41:38 -0200

Hi guys,

I have a question abou the dns in lwip 1.3 (raw api)

I was using lwip 1.2 for a while (luminary - cortex) implementation, and glued a dns resolver that was available somewhere. It worked fine.
Now I am "upgrading" to 1.3, and started clean without my crap code. Actually , everything is working fine, except one thing:

Sometimes, the resolver does nothing. The call to dns_gethostbyname returns with ERR_INPROGRESS as expected, but the query packets are not sent and the callback function is never called, even after the timeouts... (everything else works, I can ping the interface, webserver is working, and so on). I noticed it only occurs if I call dns_gethostbyname right after initializing lwip (using fixed IP). If I use DHCP or I wait a few seconds after I set the static IP, it works.  In the case of the fixed IP, do I have to wait something to begin sending data ?

Does anyone have an idea of what might be going on ?

Thanks!!
Sergio P. Sider.