lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] p->payload == iphdr failed...

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] p->payload == iphdr failed...
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2008 03:42:17 +0000

Ed Sutter wrote:
Jonathan Larmour wrote:

Ah I see in the implementation of pbuf_header, that it can't expand
PBUF_REFs to the front. That will be your problem.

I think the only reason it doesn't do it is because there's no way to
sanity check that it's a valid thing to do.

Hmmmm...
If I can't use PBUF_RAW/PBUF_REF to allocate the pbuf, then does that
mean I have no choice but to do the loop of memcpy's like this...
[snip]
Or is there some other way to avoid that copy loop?

I think the better answer for you would be to adjust the PBUF_REF case in pbuf_header() to allow PBUF_REF pbufs to be expanded to the front.

I'm undecided whether that would be a good change to have in the master code base.

Jifl