lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwIP - Problem with packets

From: Stanko Nedic
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwIP - Problem with packets
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 18:30:50 +0000

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 8:44 AM, Kieran Mansley <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 00:34 +0000, Stanko Nedic wrote:

> In other words, the source and destination addresses were read from
> bytes 28-31 and 32-35 (offset by two bytes from the correct
> position).

>Just a guess, but is ETH_PAD_SIZE set to two, when it should be zero?

>Kieran

Thanks for your reply, Kieran.

ETH_PAD_SIZE has been set to zero unfortunately. I have also checked that the pbuf and ethip_hdr start at the same address (which is the case as expected) so there shouldn't be any misallignment in bytes after hdr = p->payload, unless something has 'stolen' 2 bytes.

I'm intending to write out each of the fields from the ethip_hdr hdr struct and see what each of them are...since the bytes haven't been correctly distributed to the IP addresses, some of the preceding struct fields might be causing this.

Any ideas would be highly appreciated, I'm running out of ideas if the above doesn't help.