lwip-users

[lwip-users] calling tcp_write outside tcp_accept callback

From: Vojtech Janasek
Subject: [lwip-users] calling tcp_write outside tcp_accept callback
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 15:36:17 +0200

Can I call tcp_write function outside callback functions tcp_accept()
and tcp_poll()? (keeping in mind it isn't reentrant)
I use Luminary Micro and httpserver_raw example and it works very well.
(It is able to send nearly 5 MByte/s). But when I try to disable sending
data from http_accept() and call send_data()  outside callback
http_accept(), after several tens of kilobytes I got ERR_MEM error and
communication stops although I send data after http_accept() comes, only
in separate thread.
I want to use Luminary Cortex ARM and lwip stack as a data acquisition
module and I must always wait  several msec to collect enough data from
AD converter, so tcp_accept() comes too early for me but tcp_poll()
period is too slow. Can I  call send_data() outside callback functions?
 Or can I wait for enough data in http_accept()? Don't this waiting
affect data transfer?
Thanks
Vojta