lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: Significant overhead periodically during TCP receive tr

From: Iordan Neshev
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: Significant overhead periodically during TCP receive transfers
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 10:32:55 +0200

Bill,
Maybe you have already done this but in case you did not,
I'll suggest to try with different computer, preferably
with different version Windows. It might be something in its
TCP/IP stack. Try also with Linux. If you don't like the idea
to install Linux just for this test you can use a Live CD.
Also, there might be some broadcast traffic on your network.
Detach your PC from the LAN and use a crossover cable instead.
The delay might be also caused by some internal process in the
switch (for example cache clean-up or whatever else the switch does).
It may sound really silly, but I would also try with another
network adapter in the PC if everything else does not change the
behavior.

This is good and fast approach to isolate the problem and dig in the
right garden. It won't consume much time. I hope this helps.

Iordan.