lwip-users

[lwip-users] LWIP Delay between Consecutive Packets

From: Gary Olson
Subject: [lwip-users] LWIP Delay between Consecutive Packets
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 11:00:07 -0400

Hi,

  I am trying to figure out if I can increase my TCP bandwidth.  Using a PC timer I see that as I send TCP Packets that the delay is in the range of 500 us on average.

There may be a couple at the start with much less delay between TCP Packets.  But most of the packets after the first few are in the same range.

Does any one know what the LWIP Delayed Acknowledge timer is set to.  I have been looking on the web in general for a solution to this.  I program my PC in Visual C++

using Winsock so I am going to see if using  TCP NO DELAY will have a positive change.  Since this will cause the Nagle Algorithm to be disabled and packets are

supposed to be sent immediately rather waiting for a delayed acknowledge to come first.

Thank You,

  Gary

Kudos! Thanks!