lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP Checksum errors.

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP Checksum errors.
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 21:06:32 +0200

Nick Thomas wrote:
But, I still have a real problem, in that the HTTP response doesn't come
back to the PC based browser.
It is these responses that wireshark is moaning about, surely not a
coincidence?
Wireshark may report wrong checksums in packets sent by the PC on which wireshark runs - but only by packets sent using the windows internal TCPIP stack. So if wireshark reports checksum errors in responses sent by the http server on your embedded device back to the PC, these are most certainly real checksum errors: I don't know a driver that intentionally inserts a wrong checksum into a received frame while checking it...

To be sure: if the PC re-sents the same packet again, it is retransmitting, which means it didn't get the response and the wireshark was not false positive.

Simon