lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Asynchronous events.

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Asynchronous events.
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 19:20:10 +0200

Nick Thomas wrote:
On the second attempt I now get:

Assertion "tcp_input: pcb->next != pcb (before cache)" failed at line 181 in
\blah\blah\core\tcp_in.c
This is an indication pcb-list tcp_active_pcbs is corrupted (since there is a loop in the list: a next pointer of one pcb points to itself). This is most often caused by multiple threads working with the lwIP core code at the same time (other threads than tcpip_thread may only use the netconn or sockets api). You really should get to the bottom of this, it will cause other problems, too!
[...]
        /* ASSERT caused by the next line (I think) on second entry into this
function. */
        err = netconn_connect(test_conn, &ipaddr, 80);
This will not be the actual problem here, but where do you call netcon_new()? I think the code does not allow reusing a netconn if one connection failed...

Simon