lwip-users

R: Re: [lwip-users] problem in using raw api for avr32uc3axapplication

From: Ceresoli Luca
Subject: R: Re: [lwip-users] problem in using raw api for avr32uc3axapplication
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 11:50:36 +0200

Marek Matej wrote:
> IMHO do not follow example from FreeRTOS but rather one from
> ../src/netif/ethernetif.c
> It is much more simple to understand and for modification.

I agree.
I work on a different platform (Blackfin), but I found that the best way to
work without OS was to start from the original lwIP code, not from the chip
vendor's version (which BTW was very outdated at that time). You may take from
the vendor's code the very low-level part and adapt it to your needs.
It will be easier to get support on this mailing list, also.

Apart from what Marek wrote, I'd add a couple resources I found useful:
- http://lwip.scribblewiki.com/Writing_a_device_driver
- doc/rawapi.txt in the sources, for using the raw interface.

Luca