lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem With dns.c Using 32-Bit Compilers

From: Alain M.
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem With dns.c Using 32-Bit Compilers
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:24:20 -0300

Grubb, Jared escreveu:
I'm working with a ARM7TDMI and it definitely has byte access (the STRB
instruction, for example). The only case where the ARM7 could have trouble is
if it tries to access something (a word via STR, for example) at a non-aligned
boundary.

I didn't say that it does not have byte access, just that it is terribly ineficient for a normal C program... This has been improved in r5 and Cortex

Alain