lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Problem With dns.c Using 32-Bit Compilers

From: Alain M.
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem With dns.c Using 32-Bit Compilers
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:15:04 -0300

Jonathan Larmour escreveu:

They are only aligned according to their type. For char, that means 8-bit alignment[1].

hum, bad... and I remember of a few parameters in headers that are in the middle 2 bytes :(

A geneal purpose copy-one-byte-at-a-time to and from a buffer would then be the only quasi-portable implementation. If, as I understood, you implemented something like that for 16bits, it could be available in some fashion... I see a lot of waste of time in lwip on small thinks like that :(

If it got implemented in some modular way, then users could implemnt optimizations for each architecture, and that be shared again :)

Alain