lwip-users

[lwip-users] DNS. Howto Discover DNS Server?

From: Nick Thomas
Subject: [lwip-users] DNS. Howto Discover DNS Server?
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 14:37:40 +0100

Hi,

I notice that dns.c uses #define DNS_SERVER_ADDRESS to use a hard coded DNS.

Is there a way to 'discover' the nearest DNS?

DHCP discovers my NetGear router, and obtains an IP address OK, and I can
use this routers IP address as DNS_SERVER_ADDRESS and DNS works.
So, is it possible to dynamically use the discovered DHCP server IP address
as the the DNS server, without any hardcoding?

Or is this not the right approach.

Looking forward to your replies.

Regards

Nick