lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] What happened to tcp_init() & udp_init()

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] What happened to tcp_init() & udp_init()
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:33:32 +0200

Kieran Mansley wrote:
On Wed, 2008-08-27 at 08:32 -0500, Rick Culver wrote:
I am trying to port an application from ver 1.2.0 to 1.3.0 and having
a lot of trouble.  In my 1.2.0 application I call the typical core
start up with ip_init(), etharp_init(), tcp_init(), etc. but I am
getting errors when I try to compile with ver 1.3.0.  I checked the
source code files and these init functions are all gone and seem to
have a "dummy" define in the .h files.  According to the update notes
these functions have all been replaced by a tcpip_init() which I have
not used in the past and which I thought was reserved for the OS
version of the stack.  I am using the raw/API (NO_SYS) version in my
application.  The question is this, what happened to the _init()
functions, why are they no longer in the core source, and how do I
init the core stack for use?  Can anyone please give me some
explanation on this?  Thank you.
Rick
tcpip_init has been there before and initializes the multitasking APIs (socket and netconn API). The init functions you talked about are gone simply because they aren't needed: e.g. tcp_init and udp_init set some variables to NULL that were NULL anyway...

lwip_init() is probably what you want.
lwip_init was introduced with 1.3.0 to have one single initialization functions instead of calling all those _init functions like you did (often, one was missing or the order the functions were called was messed up). Using 1.3.0, you should just call lwip_init were you called the other functions before.

Simon