lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn_close()

From: Marko Panger
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn_close()
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 22:29:16 +0200

I'm not aware of lwip implementation details but wouldn't such a way cause
concurent acces problems (tcip and app thread). If I can suggest I would od it like:

netconn_recv(timeout)

and post this timeout via mailbox to the main tcp thread.

marko

Frédéric BERNON wrote:
We could add something like this in api.h:

#define netconn_recv_timeout(conn) ((conn)->recv_timeout)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Larmour" <address@hidden>
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 9:30 PM

Marko Panger wrote:
Jonathan,

First of all - thanks !

How could I prevent from waiting forever ? I imagine by setting the
conn->recv_timeout. Is there
a api call for this or can I access it directly just before calling
netconn_recv() ?

Unfortunately there isn't a proper API for accessing the receive timeout,
so for now you can just access the structure member directly in the
netconn, e.g.:

  /* Call it a timeout if there is nothing in 60 seconds */
  conn->recv_timeout = 60*1000;
  buf = netconn_recv(conn);
  if (!buf) {
     /* It timed out */