lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] DHCP

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] DHCP
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 08:29:14 -0400

You can get the IP address, Netmask and Gateway from the netif you're using
for the interface: e.g. netif->ip_addr

> 2.Can I check (via polling e.g.) if I have a valid IP adress received
> through DHCP so that the rest of my aplication can go on with work?

After dhcp_start, you can watch a timer and the netif for being up:

If( ( netif->flags & (NETIF_FLAG_UP | NETIF_FLAG_LINK_UP) ) !=
(NETIF_FLAG_UP | NETIF_FLAG_LINK_UP) )
        Check_timer - if expired do something.

You can use autoip and not have to handle DHCP working or not.  I do the
above and in my "do something", I fall back to a fixed local IP address
(169.254.x.x) so I can configure the device (which I can do with UDP
broadcast because I can still talk to the device).

Bill