lwip-users

[lwip-users] Semaphore counter overflow after data transfer (lwip 1.3.0)

From: Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail
Subject: [lwip-users] Semaphore counter overflow after data transfer (lwip 1.3.0)
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 06:23:10 +0000

Hi,

I am facing a weird problem, and I am hoping one of the experts here might be able to help.
I am sending data over telnet from a Windows PC using HyperTerminal to my PowerPC board.
The runtime system (separate task) then fetches the data from the telnet buffer (RAM) and saves it into its own buffer(RAM).
After all the data has been transfered, it then is given an instruction to save all the data into flash. During this time no data transfer
takes place over Ethernet. Suddenly I am getting (in regular interval) error message from the kernel, that a semaphore signal counter
overflow, and the thread associated with the semaphore is the tcpip thread. My semaphore counter can only be signalled maximum 255 times
before it overflows and generate the error. I have checked the following semaphores:

all global semaphores and the conn semaphores, and none was found with overflow error. Is there any other semaphore I should be aware of ?

By the way my lwip 1.3.0 implementation works superbly (of course better than 1.2), and wanna thanks all the developers for their fine job on such a
fine product.

Thanks in advance,
M Ikhwan Ismail
STO/CPK
ABB STOTZ-KONTAKT
Heidelberg Germany

My lwip implementation:
Lwip 1.3.0 with Ethernet on PowerPC MPC852T with  SMX RTOS kernel with a runtime system.

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.