lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Multiple netif interfaces, again.

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Multiple netif interfaces, again.
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 11:23:59 +0200

[..]
Are these lists modified by
multiple threads?
At least they should not be used from multiple threads. The lwIP core should only be used by the tcpip thread. Application (socket-using) threads communicate with the tcpip thread using mailboxes.
More generally, are there known issues with
using multiple netif interfaces in lwip that
might match what I am experiencing?
None that I know of: I'm using one normal netif plus the loopback netif without problems. Even using 2 netifs (using the win32 port) is no problem.
(Unfortunately, I am forced to use the
lwip distribution from mid-2003 and
cannot simply  update it to the current
one.)
Wow, that's really old!!! I'd strongly suggest you to think again about that: there have been _numerous_ changes and bugfixes since 2003 (that must have been lwIP v0.6.0 or older?). I'm afraid you won't get too much support for such an old version here... :-(

Simon