lwip-users

RE : [lwip-users] IPv6 support in lwIP

From: address@hidden
Subject: RE : [lwip-users] IPv6 support in lwIP
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 07:27:58 +0200

Grubb, Jared wrote:
The lack of IPv6 is the main reason we decided not to use lwIP on our project
(also, our embedded project is entirely C++, and we didn't want to write
wrappers).
That makes me curious: As far as I know, almost all tcpip stack implementations are written in C so they can be used both in C and C++ (in this case, the lines around "#ifdef __cplusplus" at the top of the header files makes sure linkage is OK). What kind of wrappers do you mean?
 The 'experimental' code is (as I remember) just replacing "IP4" with "IP6" and
changing the address sizes.
Yeah well, it really _is_ experimental! I suppose you could use it to send a little data to a remote host on the same local net, but not much more... yet!

Simon