lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Building automated test cases

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Building automated test cases
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:10:31 +0200

Personally, I think unit tests are a good idea to ensure changes in some area of the code don't break other areas. And of course the tests can be put into a different directory (even accessing static variables - e.g. the ARP table in etharp.c - can be achieved outside of the original code files).

But _if_ we include tests, we would have to make sure everyone really uses them (and runs them before making big changes etc.). If they are not used often, they aren't worth much. In other words, I think the project leader should ensure they don't get forgotten ;-)

Simon