lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Problem with long term running of lwIP.

From: Taranowski, Thomas (SWCOE)
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Problem with long term running of lwIP.
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 12:55:37 -0500

There were a couple options in the 1.2+ timeframe:
1.) The original non-threadsafe mechanism
2.) The pre-1.3 mechanism, which used tcpip_input, and routed all IP and
ARP traffic through the tcpip mailbox ( essentially doing what I think
you proposed ).  There was/is a handler for ARP inside the tcpip thread
main loop.

I'm thinking I should just move to 1.3 and be done with it.

On
> Behalf Of Jonathan Larmour
> Sent: Friday, March 07, 2008 9:35 AM
> To: Mailing list for lwIP users
> Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Problem with long term running of lwIP.
>
> Taranowski, Thomas (SWCOE) wrote:
> > I've been using the tcpip_input mechanism, which I think Frederic
> > introduced awhile back, which looks to be a precursor to the 1.3
> > mechanism, as the ARP handling is done within the context of
tcpip(core)
> > thread.
>
> Unless you've already fixed it, in that age of sources, I think an
easy
> workaround might be to invoke a callback in the context of the tcpip
> thread
> using tcpip_callback() before calling it.
>
> Jifl
> --
> eCosCentric Limited      http://www.eCosCentric.com/     The eCos
experts
>  **  Visit us at ESC Silicon Valley <http://www.embedded.com/esc/sv>
**
>  **  April 15-17 2008, Booth 3012, San Jose McEnery Convention Center
**
> Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge, UK.       Tel: +44 1223
245571
> Registered in England and Wales: Reg No 4422071.
> ------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------
Opinions==mine