lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] problem in tcp_bind

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] problem in tcp_bind
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:41:23 +0000

Taranowski, Thomas (SWCOE) wrote:
> I’m having a problem with my stack port, where I have some test code
> that is attempting to bind to a port.  I’m getting an access violation
> at an unexpected location, and am currently at a loss for what the cause
> could be.  Any pointers or ideas would be appreciated.  From what it
> looks like, the list of tcp_listen_pcbs has become corrupted somehow,
> but I don’t know of any likely candidates that would cause this.
[snip]
> àif (cpcb->local_port == port) {ß Crashes here

Thread or interrupt safety issue perhaps? Is there some other timer or
interrupt context managing to run lwIP core code at the same time?

As well as, obviously, closing the PCB, the listening PCB list is fiddled
with in tcp_input() so a new incoming packet filtering up the stack,
interrupting other lwIP code, is a possibility.

Jifl
 **  Visit us at ESC Silicon Valley <http://www.embedded.com/esc/sv>  **
 **  April 15-17 2008, Booth 3012, San Jose McEnery Convention Center **
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine