lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Finding assigned IP address of device

From: Piero 74
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Finding assigned IP address of device
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 09:19:43 +0100

In a lot of network, administrator configure router for dropping broadcast packet and allows only multicast!

For our customer needs, i decided to implement on my board (without user interface) the possibility to work with double netif on same phy interface: one using dhcp, and one using fixed IP in different family address configured in DHCP server (i.e. LAN uses 10.51.yy.xx and fixed IP is 192.168.0.1).
In this way, board could work as client using its dynamic ip, and act as server on fixed ip for maintenance reasons. So the maintenance engineer can use a cross cable and a laptop or can connect a laptop on the same hub of board (to avoid routers drops packet outside the familiy address)

We discussed about my idea here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lwip-devel/2008-02/msg00035.html

Piero