lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Double netIf on the same hw

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Double netIf on the same hw
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:40:00 +0000

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 12:32 +0100, Piero 74 wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> i'm thinking if it's possible to define TWO different netif on the
> same, which work in this way:
>
> - the first is binded on FIXED ip, ie. 192.168.0.1 and is always up
> - the second use DHCP, and can change IP dependingo on network.

It should be theoretically possible (you could do this sort of thing on
Linux with a software bridge for example) but I'm not sure what it gives
you: if you can talk to the 192.168.0.1 address, why does it need the
second interface?  If you can't talk to the 192.168.0.1 address, why
bother having it?  i.e. I can see why you might want one or the other
but not both.

Kieran