lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip-1.3rc1 and ethernetif_input

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip-1.3rc1 and ethernetif_input
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:16:19 +0000

Siva Velusamy wrote:
> In 1.3RC1, ethernetif_input has the following structure:
>
>   case ETHTYPE_IP:
>   case ETHTYPE_ARP:
>     /* full packet send to tcpip_thread to process */
>     if (netif->input(p, netif)!=ERR_OK)
>
> Both IP & ARP packets are sent via tcpip_thread. I don't understand
> the control flow of what is expected to happen if you are using RAW
> mode only where the api folder is not even compiled in. In that case
> it seems to me that ARP packets need to go via etharp_input and ip
> packets via ip_input. Is that correct?

Yes, but the way to do this is probably to make sure your netif->input
points directly to ethernet_input (see netif/etharp.c). Strictly it isn't
for the RAW API, but #if NO_SYS.

Jifl
Visit us @ Embedded World 2008, Nürnberg, Germany, 26-28 Feb:Stand 11-336
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine