lwip-users

[lwip-users] Cable unplug events

From: oc_nicvdw
Subject: [lwip-users] Cable unplug events
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 11:31:32 +0200

Hi,

I'm sure this must have been asked and answered, but I cannot find
anything in the archives.

I am using lwip 1.2.0 on a Stellaris LM3S6965 evaluation board, and
it is running very well.

I have added detection of cable plugged and unplugged events, however
I'm not sure what the correct action in response to these events would
be.

By default the code cals dhcp_start and netif_set_up during bootup,
can (or should) this be delayed until the cable is detected?

When the cable is removed, should dhcp_stop and netif_set_down be called?

Is a cable removal event catastrophic, forcing all open connections to be
reset and dhcp to restart from scratch, or is it something that should be
ignored if it is shorter than a specific duration?

Regards,
Nic