lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] What is the behavior of the tcp_sent callback?

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] What is the behavior of the tcp_sent callback?
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 16:43:34 -0500

I noticed the httpd demo does callback twice when the first call sends all the data with one tcp_write.  What could I have done to not get the callback when I do this?  My connection-supporting layer is derived from the httpd example.  Where it’s a little different, I changed httpd to work similarly (where some data is sent before the received pbuf is freed) and it made no difference in httpd.

Bill

I’m using tcp_write( ptr, 20, 0 ); having used tcp_sent right before this call.  I expected the sent callback, which I would detect I have nothing left to sent and can thus free the data at ptr.  The sent callback doesn’t occur.  Is this normal behavior – that the callback only is used when tcp_write is called with tcp_sndbuf amount of data?

Thanks,

Bill Auerbach