lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Max throughput and LWIP

From: Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Max throughput and LWIP
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:37:01 +0000

May I know how do you do a proper throughput test ? Mine runs on PPC 100MHz
on a SMX RTOS and for us it was enough that 64 packet can be received and processed in less than 4 ms. But I am interested in
doing one and maybe I can then post my data here too. As for me in order to optimize the performance
no memory calls are allowed during runtime e.g. all memory (besides the lwIP) are pooled. My RTOS memory calls
normally takes up to 20 us and it blocks, hence not really suitable for real time purposes especially if it have to
be called regularly.