lwip-users

[lwip-users] TCP/IP cange in behaviour?

From: Valdemar
Subject: [lwip-users] TCP/IP cange in behaviour?
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 10:43:28 +0100

Hi
What has happened to the TCP/IP communication?

In my application I have a telnet server for maintenance
reasons. This server worked fine up to and including CVS 2007-10-08.
This is how I answered commands from the client:

Testing  with tcp_sndbuf(pS_pcb) to see if there is buffer-space.
(It always is, the sendbuffer is 10 kbytes.)

Sending out with tcp_write(pS_pcb,.....).

And tcp_output(pS_pcb) to send it directly.

This was repeated until the entire command-answer was sent.

The number of characters in each transmission was very small, but
it worked very well. Then I upgraded to CVS 2007-12-05 and it did not
work any more; the stack locked up after the second call to tcp_write.
No stats showed any errors after the lock-up.

To make the server work again I had to wait for each call to tcp_write to be acknowledged with the number of sent characters before calling
tcp_write again.

Is this a change in behaviour or is it just a flaw in my program?
Has anyone else experienced this?

I am using lwip in an application with an ATMEL AT91R40008 microcontroller running at 33 MHz and with a RS232 port in a system that transfers cnc-programs from a pc to cnc-machines.

A request: Could someone make the ARP-table and its definition global.
I am displaying the table and don't want to change the lwip code after evey update.

Thanks for a great product.

Germund Asp