lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Byte ordering and byte swapping

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Byte ordering and byte swapping
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 15:09:55 +0000

Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail wrote:

> Can wireshark see garbage frames ?

Probably, although if you are not directly connected (direct cross-over
ethernet cable), then your ethernet switch may drop them. Or your receiving
eth hardware on your PC may drop them and not report them up.

As I said, best thing to do is debug your driver to see if it's even
attempting to send stuff, and if so, what.

>  If it can, then it has to be my
> driver problem then since I didnt see
> anything. But if i just set BYTE ORDER as litlle endian, lwip will use
> htons functions as default right ?

lwip will do the right thing yes. I can't vouch for any ethernet driver you
have written of course.

> It should work for me then ?

If you've already set the BYTE_ORDER, then I think the problem is probably
in your driver.

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine