lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Byte ordering and byte swapping

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Byte ordering and byte swapping
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:53:58 +0000

Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail wrote:

Hi

I got a q about how i should setup the byte ordering on my project for lwip. Im running lwip 1.2 on PowerPC MPC852t under little endian mode, and what i did was in cc.h I defined BYTE ORDER as LITTLE_ENDIAN. I am not defining any other swapping functions so im expecting it to use the normal htons functions. My question is, is my steps correct cause as i send out DHCP
packets none is detected by wireshark...

Are you saying that wireshark sees garbage packets instead? Is there any reason you suspect byte ordering specifically? To me, your problem looks more fundamental than that - something in your ethernet driver. Set breakpoints on your ethernet driver send function and see what happens.

Jifl