lwip-users

[lwip-users] sys_sem_new initial conditions

From: Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail
Subject: [lwip-users] sys_sem_new initial conditions
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 12:30:55 +0000

Hi..

I am porting lwip to SMX RTOS on PPC MPC852T from Freescale.
As I was comparing the 2 functions for creating a semaphore for both lwip sys_arch.c and the one from smx
it hits me... what is meant with the initial conditions argument passed to sys_sem_new on lwip, since
smx semaphores has by default FALSE as initial conditions and depending on the Threshold and how many times it
as been signalled it will be set to TRUE which will be tested by the task that needs that semaphore to be signalled.
I also noticed on some point in the code the sys_sem_new is called and passed with value of 0 and 1.

I  really appreciate it if anyone can explain it.

Another short q, what is sys_sem_wait for ?

Btw lwip is really a lifesaver for me, wanna say thanks a lot the lwip developers :D

Thanks a bunch

M. Ikhwan

Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live. Connect now!