lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] mem.c heap problem in 1.2.0

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] mem.c heap problem in 1.2.0
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:51:59 +0100

Oh, and have you tried to set MEM_LIBC_MALLOC to 1 (so lwIP uses a malloc() function supplied by your compiler or C-library) to confirm it's a problem with mem_malloc() rather than an application problem?

Simon

address@hidden schrieb:
Erik Ekman schrieb:
I guess a update to HEAD is the way to go, but I would be glad if
there is just some small fix for me to apply.
Unfortunately, there is no such thing. The mem.c code has changed very much since 1.2.0, you might want to try using the CVS HEAD version of mem.c only and try to compile it with 1.2.0, just to check if that solves your problem. You will have to change some #ifdef's or #if's but aside from that, it shouldn't be so hard to integrate the new mem.c into 1.2.0 since mem.c does not access much of the other code (aside from SYS_ARCH_PROTECT and sys_sems).

Another option is of course to wait a month or more to upgrade to the upcoming 1.3.0 (or one of its release candidates), but that could take a while...

Simon