lwip-users

RE : RE : [lwip-users] managing storage problems.

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : RE : [lwip-users] managing storage problems.
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 12:14:29 +0100

I'm agree, we should solve that in the stack, and SO_RCVBUF is a good solution
for me (before/after 1.3.0 ?? To be honest, I'm not sure). I'm also in flavor
to redesign mailbox model, by adding a "size" parameter to sys_mbox_new (by
example, the netconn::mbox doesn't really need to be larger than 1, of course,
a semaphore could be better), and by adding return values to sys_mbox_post (to
enable to handle the full mbox case). The main "problem" is to share between
application thread and tcpip_thread a "byte counter". I think it will be better
to include it directly in the mailbox model (a sys_mbox_getcount, and something
like a "bytesize" parameter in sys_mbox_post), to avoid execution context
switch like for tcp (with "do_recv" calls), and an unprotect access to
netconn::recv_avail for udp and raw (I don't think the current code is very
thread-safe).

Since it's something which could take time to define, I think that shai could
test the workaround I propose him in a first time.

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique
Microsoft Certified Professional