lwip-users

Re: RE : RE : RE : [lwip-users] Device name

From: Nicolas Pinault
Subject: Re: RE : RE : RE : [lwip-users] Device name
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:49:49 +0200

Hi,

I  have commited yesterday in "contrib/apps/netbios" a sample which do
something like you want:

- there is a netbios_init function to call (like others samples)
- the netbios_recv callback check if the incoming packet is a name request for
us
- the name is hardcoded "NETBIOSLWIPDEV"
- so, you could do "ping NETBIOSLWIPDEV" (on a LAN, on a Windows station)

I have tested it with msvc6 port, and it's working. But lot of little things
have to be done :

- enable to overwrite NETBIOSLWIPDEV in the lwipopts.h( #ifndef/#endif)
- declare and use some defines to replace constants
- declare a whole netbios packet (hdr+"name" part)
- improve the frame parsing
- some comments and some coding style, rename some functions and variables...

Any feedback is welcome, even if I can't work on it this weekend...
This is very interesting.
In my case, the name is determined at startup.
I have not time to work on it now.
I hope I'll have time next week.

Thank you very much for your support.

Nicolas