lwip-users

RE : [lwip-users] SNMP

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: RE : [lwip-users] SNMP
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 09:06:01 +0200

in the bugtracker. And you in CVS HEAD, I add a way to avoid the snmp timer:

2007-09-10 Frédéric Bernon

* snmp.h, mib2.c: enable to remove SNMP timer (which consumne several cycles

even when it's not necessary). snmp_agent.txt tell to call snmp_inc_sysuptime()

each 10ms (but, it's intrusive if you use sys_timeout feature). Now, you can

decide to call snmp_add_sysuptime(100) each 1000ms (which is bigger "step", but

call to a lower frequency). Or, you can decide to not call snmp_inc_sysuptime()

or snmp_add_sysuptime(), and to define the SNMP_GET_SYSUPTIME(sysuptime) macro.

This one is undefined by default in mib2.c. SNMP_GET_SYSUPTIME is called inside

snmp_get_sysuptime(u32_t *value), and enable to change "sysuptime" value only

when it's queried (any direct call to "sysuptime" is changed by a call to

snmp_get_sysuptime).

Frédéric BERNON
HYMATOM SA
Chef de projet informatique