lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Support required for LwIP:URGENT

From: Robin Iddon
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Support required for LwIP:URGENT
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 09:36:27 +0100

You need to make your PC wait longer before generating reset. 45ms doesn't seem like a very long timeout. Are you using TCP or UDP or just IP? You say reset, so I assume TCP, i.e. the PC is generating a TCP RST message.

Is the connection long lived (in other words, does the PC open the connection at application start up, then send a request once ever 100ms for data over that connection, or does the PC do a SYN/PSH/FIN sequence each 100ms).

Are you able to run something like wireshark to capture *ALL* traffic to/from your PC's MAC address - specifically I would want to see ARP, IP and ICMP traffic.

What operating system is the PC running?

Robin

Nitin AGARWAL wrote:
Hello,

I am using LwIP 1.2 in one of my applications. I am using ARM9 micro as
server. I am facing a problem of reseting the connection. Client (PC) is
requesting data (~9000 bytes) from ARM9 after every 100ms. ARM9 is using FIQ
for ~45ms out of 100ms. The request from PC is not syncronised with ARM9, So
sometimes the request is coming just before entering into FIQ. So in this
case PC is generating reset. If the request is coming after FIQ (the 9000
bytes are sent within 55ms), there is no resetting of connection and PC
receives the correct data.

Could you pls tell me what is the problem? And how I can solve it so that
there is no reset in the connection?

Regards,
Nitin