lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lots of RAM

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lots of RAM
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 12:03:03 +0200

I mainly thought to $date$ and $revision$ ($log$ is too "intrusive") at the end of the first block of comment (I did a little test on inet6.c for $date$). I see that useful when you got two file printed on paper, and you want to know where is the last one (to mark some notes or others).

Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 11:49 AM

Frédéric BERNON wrote:

1. When you change the code in a module, could you
   please also make a comment about it in the modules head.
   At least the date of change. As it is now there is no
   way to tell which module is the latest.

I just did a little test with CVS keywords. This feature is enable on Savannah CVS. So, perhaps it could be a solution? Developers, your point of view?

I don't like having revision history in files as it tends to cause false differences when doing 'diff's of trees. Just my one opinion.

If you're using CVS, then all the tracking is done for you anyway. If you don't have that, you are presumably using tarballs, and forgotten which tarball you got the files from, which seems like it's easier to fix for the user than us.

Jifl