lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Application example

From: Grubb, Jared
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Application example
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 09:21:24 -0700

You can’t use the API without an OS. The API is designed around having the TCP/IP stack encapsulated in its own thread in an OS, and the API provides all sorts of hooks and calls to make it all magically work.

We are currently working on some documentation for lwIP, and one of the topics is how to use lwIP without an OS.

http://lwip.scribblewiki.com/LwIP_with_or_without_an_operating_system

An older document on the topic is included in our CVS tree and may be helpful:

http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/lwip/doc/rawapi.txt?revision=1.7&root=lwip&view=markup

Jared