lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Probem sending large files using LwIP

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Probem sending large files using LwIP
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:24:32 +0100

On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 19:24 +0200, Louis Filasky wrote:

>         First, we couldn t send more than around 8000 bytes of data.
>         This was fixed by changing the argument in the tcp_write
>         function by choosing
>         not to copy before sending the data.

Can I just check that you're doing something to make sure the data you
send are preserved until you get the tcp_sent() callback?  By specifying
not to copy, you're saying the data you pass to tcp_write() are static
until the callback is made to say the stack has finished with those
data.  It's not just a magic switch to make things faster!

Thanks

Kieran

PS. Jared - this would be a good thing to add to the documentation!