lwip-users

[lwip-users] TCP interface to HTTP client

From: Achuth Kamath
Subject: [lwip-users] TCP interface to HTTP client
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:52:07 +0200

Hi ,
I have one doubt regarding the interface of LWIP TCP module to HTTP client.
The case is where we have a HTTP client on top of LWIP stack, and are downloading a web page from HTTP server.
In one special case, lwip_recvfrom() returns NULL., on enabling prints we see,
"lwip_recvfrom(4): buf == NULL!"
I am not sure why it is returning NULL, looks like netconn_recv() returns NULL.

My question is, in this case, should the application close the TCP connection, calling lwip_close()? Or what best can the application do?
Also, what might be the possible reasons for netconn_recv() to return NULL?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Achuth M Kamath