lwip-users

[lwip-users] Debugging Levels

From: Spies, Dominik
Subject: [lwip-users] Debugging Levels
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:08:49 +0200

Hi!

I don't understand debugging completely, what are the different levels for? It seems that they are never used and so every call to debug has level 0 (DBG_LEVEL_OFF) by default and onw has to set min level to DBG_LEVEL_OFF. Strange behaviour. So, but when I understand it correctly, onw could specify a level other than 0 in the call and then it would only be printed if that level is matched be min level?

DBG_TYPES_ON is by default 0, what means no debugging at all, right? so, setting it to DBG_ON enables all types which are set to DBG_ON. Setting it also to STATE, TRACE and/or
 FRESH would enable also these messages independent if the debug type, e.g. IP_DEBUG is set to off.
But why is DBG_TYPES_ON not by default set to DBG_ON ?

I need this for my thesis, even tough it is in german maybe I have time to write some debug-guide. It would be extremly heplfull for beginners. Or is there already one?

Thanks.