lwip-users

RE: Antw: RE: [lwip-users] SemSignal gets called on aalreadysignaled sem

From: Goldschmidt Simon
Subject: RE: Antw: RE: [lwip-users] SemSignal gets called on aalreadysignaled semaphore
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:48:50 +0200

> I stepped a little bit around now. The semaphore causing the
> problem is created inside the accept_function() in api_msg.c line 242:
>
> newconn->sem = sys_sem_new(0);
>
> It is then signaled in sent_tcp() in api_msg.c line 159. But
> I can't find the file where this (connection specific)
> semaphore is ever waited on. So it gets signaled and signaled
> and signaled....

That conn->sem seems only to be waited for when running out of memory.
If you always send so little data that you never run out of memory
(or window size), it never gets waited for. Can any other developer
say something on this? I think this behaviour is strange...

Matthias, what kind of data are you sending? (e.g. how much, how often,
what is your window size compared to the data you are sending, which
direction: tx or rx only or both?)

Simon