lwip-users

[lwip-users] Xilinx Board as Server misses TCP Packets. After Retransmis

From: ARMANDO LOU MARDONES
Subject: [lwip-users] Xilinx Board as Server misses TCP Packets. After Retransmission OK.
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 12:34:01 +0200

Hello,

I use the Virtex II-Pro Board for a webserver application. A client uses
Firefox to load the webpage stored on the server.

I use EDK 8.2, Microblaze and xilkernel OS and Priority scheduling.

It takes a long time (40 seconds) to load the index.html file. I look at
Ethereal and I see that the server doesn’t receive many TCP Packets, which are
being sent again 3 seconds later (TCP Retransmisssion).
I also see TCP Window Update and TCP Dup ACK mistakes.
That’s why it takes so long to load the whole page.

Please I need your help; I have tried to change the lwip parameters with no
luck.

These are the parameters of my mss file. I haven’ changed anything neither in
the single files drivers nor in lwipopts.h. All are standard values of Xilinx
and the stack does not function properly.

Does anyone have the same problem??? I send you attached the log of Ethereal,
to be opened with Ethereal.

Thanks,

Armand

MSS FILE:

BEGIN OS
 PARAMETER OS_NAME = xilkernel
 PARAMETER OS_VER = 3.00.a
 PARAMETER PROC_INSTANCE = microblaze_0
 PARAMETER systmr_freq = 100000000
 PARAMETER max_pthreads = 100
 PARAMETER pthread_stack_size = 16384
 PARAMETER max_readyq = 100
 PARAMETER config_time = true
 PARAMETER max_tmrs = 100
 PARAMETER config_sema = true
 PARAMETER max_sem = 25
 PARAMETER max_sem_waitq = 100
 PARAMETER stdin = RS232_Uart
 PARAMETER stdout = RS232_Uart
 PARAMETER sysintc_spec = opb_intc_0
 PARAMETER systmr_dev = opb_timer_1
 PARAMETER sched_type = SCHED_PRIO
 PARAMETER static_pthread_table =
((serverThread,1),(timerCounterThread,1),(GNoC_Thread,1))
END

BEGIN LIBRARY
 PARAMETER LIBRARY_NAME = lwip
 PARAMETER LIBRARY_VER = 2.00.a
 PARAMETER api_mode = SOCKETS_API
 PARAMETER PROC_INSTANCE = microblaze_0
 PARAMETER mem_size = 65538
 PARAMETER memp_num_tcp_seg = 510
 PARAMETER memp_num_sys_timeout = 5
 PARAMETER emaclite_instances = ((Ethernet_MAC,0x00,0x50,0xC2,0x2F,0x9E,0xE7))
END