lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] Xilinx-lwIP Debug

From: Matthew Yingling
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] Xilinx-lwIP Debug
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:38:26 -0400

----Original Message----
From: address@hidden
[mailto:address@hidden Behalf Of S
Mahadevappa,Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 7:47 AM
To: address@hidden
Subject: [lwip-users] Xilinx-lwIP Debug

> Dear All,
>
> I just want enable the lwip-debug in xilinx ".mss file" but system
> stops at some random system address. Is anybody familiar with this,
>
> Best Regards Shiv.

> Shivakanth Mahadevappa
>
> University of Bristol
> Wireless and Networks Research Laboratories,
> Merchant Venturers Building,Woodland Road,Bristol,BS8 1UB
>
> Mobile: 07868656963
> Fax   : 0117 95 45206
> Ph.No : 0117 33 15059/15066
> E-mail: address@hidden

I don't if this will help, but I've found that the default debug function
(xil_printf()) cannot handle certain identifiers used by LWIP (like %p) (I
have no idea why Xilinx would set the debug for LwIP to xil_printf()).
Changing it to the larger printf() fixes this.  If it does help, you might
want to report it to Xilinx, since xil_printf() shouldn't crash your
program.

Matthew