lwip-users

[lwip-users] Suggestions for HW

From: Michael Ambrus
Subject: [lwip-users] Suggestions for HW
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 09:30:38 +0200

Hi,
I'm thinking of writing a lwIP demo (and later a real-life application) for the TinKer kernel.

I'm a lwIP noobie and I just had a glance on a target that I have currently available: a PowerPC 860 MPU with a AM79C874 external circuit. The HW seems quite complicated and I was just wondering if there's another target anyone could recommend that's easier to get started with?

My feeling is that since the introduction of ppc860 some 10 years ago, there should be alternatives much more suited for deeply embedded scenarios.

Regards
Michael Ambrus

P.S. Anybody wanting to lend a hand in the effort is deeply welcome. The project can be found here: http://tinker.sourceforge.net/ D.S.