lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LWIP 1.2 issue.

From: Robert Morse
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LWIP 1.2 issue.
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 16:11:32 -0400

Also I am getting the following Messages: (I have some debugging turned
on).

tpc_listen_input: ACK in LISTEN, sending reset.
tcp_rst: seqno 5984823 ackno 3514939349.

This suggests that packets are being sent or delivered to the listening
socket when there should obviously be none other than SYNs going there.
If you can get a packet capture of one of these that might through some
light on it.

Looking at a capture, I have found out what is happening, but not yet as why.

It seems like LWIP is not sending a [ACK] to a [FIN ACK], but believes that it did. Because the client did not see the [ACK] it keeps sending [FIN ACK] which lwip believes that it is in the listen state, thus giving the error. I am currently putting in error/status counters into the driver to see why the
packet is not being sent.

On a side note: I am using a AM79C960 like ethernet chip, that uses DMA buffers, my question, on a transmitted packet, I do not know if it was transmitted ok until an interrupt is generated (both receive/transmit). I can then look at some flags to see the state of the transmitted buffer. If I get an error back saying that the packet was not transmitted correctly, how should I pass that back up the stack so the packet can be retransmitted. Now, I don't think I want to wait in the low_level_output() of the driver, until the packet has been fully transmitted, as that would eliminate any buffering that the ethernet chip can do. I have the AM79C960 setup for 16 transmit buffers. Just a quick question.

Robert

Kieran